Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

V10 vs Yeti 303

3K views 33 replies 24 participants last post by  bodben 
#1 ·
i was wondering wich bike i should get i really like the Yetis rails but i need your input on which bike and why. Thankyou:band:

#5 ·
303 =d

Well, seeing as i own a 303, of course im gonna say go with the yeti. I have ridden a v10 though, the newer ones, and its very nice as well, but i just love the ride of the 303. The v10 you will be able to build up lighter however, as compared to the 303. And the 303 has high maintenance seeing as that you have to lube hte cars before every ride, whereas the v10 doesnt ahve that. But if you want a unique ride thats eye catching and rides as sweet as it looks, go with the 303. Its a very quick, nimble bike surprisingly, and it does not lose momentum. Trust me, if you have the cash it'll be worth every penny :thumbsup:
check it: (I just ordered matching I9 wheels for it, so itll be even sicker)

Attachments

#7 ·
I think they'll both perform equally well.

I'd have to go with the 303 (dream bike also) because it's that much more exotic and Yeti craftsmanship is unrivaled. Whenever I see V10s they always look small - nice but small. I've only seen a couple of 303s but they always look awesome!

#9 ·
545cu4ch said:
Daaamn. How do you afford all this? Drug dealing?
shhhhhhhhhhhh dont share my second job!
heh jk, nah i just make good money where i work, for a 16 year old who doesnt have to pay any major bills i get to keep more $. and also just owrking at a bike shop means cheaper costs overall, but im sure u knew that

#10 ·
I've always thought the 303's were the most amaizing looking bikes EVER, never ridden one some can't comment on anything usefull.
Speaking of 303's has anyone put the frame through that axle path program (solid works?)
EDIT - Nevermind, I looked on Yeti's site.

#11 ·
The Yeti, hands down. Maybe a touch heavier but a million times better built and less maintenance. It also accelerates over square edges AMAZINGLY. It's a pretty unreal feeling. It somehow remains as plush as a V10 (in my opinion) without having a super high leverage ratio in the beginning stroke. The suspension action is just that smooth. Besides, everyone and their mother and their dead dog has a V10.

As interesting as it would be, I would hate to have to model up a 303 in Solidworks....

#19 ·
Have any of you suggesting bikes even had time on either?

I spent my last race season on an 06 V10, and have had the opportunity to ride a 303 on three seperate occasions (Set up for a racer equivilent to my weight). Immediate noticable advantage the 303 has over the V10 is the bikes stability in openslope, possibly due to the longer wheelbase. However, I also felt the 303 was a tad slower in the tighter woods sections, it took a bit more work to carry speed thru natural unbermed corners. Both bikes carry speed magnificently well thru nasty terrain, so much so that I personally couldn't find a difference. I did find that the v10 was a more supple ride in terms of small bump performance, but that could have possibly been due to the 303 shock set up. In terms of price, the high price tag of the 303 is easily justifiable by the quality in craftsmanship, but that didn't neccessarily translate to a drastically better ride. Both bikes are top notch race horses, and shined in their own special areas. To find a bike that does everything perfectly in every type of terrain is impossible, but if your a serious racer, which I assume you are if your even considering either of these bikes, then you will be able to tell on your own which will excel in the area you ride in.

#21 ·
Buy the v10, use the money you save to buy a spare v10. Im kidding, The yeti is a purebread beastly looking bike, I havent had a chance to ride either though so my opinion means nothing. I would however get the v10 because its alot cheaper, World cup proven winner and not quite so "space aged" (i.e. complex) as the Yeti, and i'm sure it as as high standard as all the other SC bikes i have tried.

#22 ·
V10 vs. Yeti 303???

Whew! I have been looking at the screen for the past 10 minutes trying to decide!!! Both of those frames are probably on 95% of our wish lists.

If Santa Cruz and Yeti are interested, I would be more than willing to TEST each bike- for the benefit of MTBR members.

The test format:
1) Each manufacturer will send me a complete bike.
2) In exchange, I promise to thoroughly test each bike for 14 days.
3) After the 14 days, I will publish my results on MTBR
4) The losing bike will be returned to the manufacturer

I will keep everyone posted!!!

#23 ·
DRTRIDR said:
V10 vs. Yeti 303???

Whew! I have been looking at the screen for the past 10 minutes trying to decide!!! Both of those frames are probably on 95% of our wish lists.

If Santa Cruz and Yeti are interested, I would be more than willing to TEST each bike- for the benefit of MTBR members.

The test format:
1) Each manufacturer will send me a complete bike.
2) In exchange, I promise to thoroughly test each bike for 14 days.
3) After the 14 days, I will publish my results on MTBR
4) The losing bike will be returned to the manufacturer

I will keep everyone posted!!!
I hope that was a joke

#25 ·
DRTRIDR said:
I AM NOT JOKING!!!!!!!!

Get me the bikes and I PROMISE to return one after 14 days!!! I PROMISE!!!!!!
thats like asking a ferarri dealership and a lamborghini dealership to let u borrow each their best car so u can write up ur own evaluation for them and share it with the rest of the world, which is what car magazines do do they not? oh and asking them to let u keep it cuz this one was better than the other. soo for bikes, wouldnt a bike magazine fit in the same way?

#26 ·
Wooooow.... Relax... Take a deep breath buddy! I was joking.

If Santa Cruz and Yeti want me to do the test- I will do the test!
Haven't heard from them yet. Maybe they will call on Monday!

No joke- If they send me two bikes and I am allowed to keep a bike after the test is done- I will fly a certain New Jersey Yeti 303 owner out to Cali (on my dime) to help with testing! How is that?

Like I said, maybe they will call on Monday.

I will keep everyone posted!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.