Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Tunnel Trail

4K views 71 replies 32 participants last post by  thebigred67 
#1 ·
SUPER CHUNK

#4 ·
You guys down in SB are going to lose access to that trail. The liberal leftist militant Sierra Club hikers are going to ***** slap you right off that trail. They don't want you there, purposely try to harm you with booby traps (check out Lee's CA mtn bike trip on his website leelikesbikes.com) and won't even politely acknowledge you when passing on the trail.

Good luck! :thumbsup:

#7 ·
mb3designs said:
I agree. What's so special about that trail, other than it's length? Although it does look fun, riding downhill bikes on it seems overkill, I have friends that ride rigid single speed bikes on rougher trails than that. And we have to earn our way to the top.
i used to ride that trail on a rigid ss. now that i have a dh bike i avoid it at all costs. but on my way home yesterday (i live right by the bottom of the trail) i saw two guys on the honda dh bikes riding down tunnel road...

#9 ·
bullit71 said:
You guys down in SB are going to lose access to that trail. The liberal leftist militant Sierra Club hikers are going to ***** slap you right off that trail. They don't want you there, purposely try to harm you with booby traps (check out Lee's CA mtn bike trip on his website leelikesbikes.com) and won't even politely acknowledge you when passing on the trail.

Good luck! :thumbsup:
For sure, the quickest way to get a trail closed is to pi$$ off an environmental group like the Sierra Club. All it takes is one encounter where a biker injures another trail user, and they ruin it for everybody! We had a few trails shut down to bikes here for almost that same reason, talking about shuttling in this area is considered a major no no:nono: I don't know how things are on the left coast, but here, we are required to yield to ALL other trail users. It sucks, but that's why we have so many trails open to bikes.

#10 ·
mb3designs said:
For sure, the quickest way to get a trail closed is to pi$$ off an environmental group like the Sierra Club. All it takes is one encounter where a biker injures another trail user, and they ruin it for everybody! We had a few trails shut down to bikes here for almost that same reason, talking about shuttling in this area is considered a major no no:nono: I don't know how things are on the left coast, but here, we are required to yield to ALL other trail users. It sucks, but that's why we have so many trails open to bikes.
Agreed. Here on the left coast they are organized. We are not. They win we lose and that's the way it is sadly.

#12 · (Edited)
mb3designs said:
For sure, the quickest way to get a trail closed is to pi$$ off an environmental group like the Sierra Club. All it takes is one encounter where a biker injures another trail user, and they ruin it for everybody!.
take a look at scabrider's avatar, that happened at (EDIT: a different trail than this, but very close in proximity) because of an incident involving a bicycle this past year....

#14 ·
i do apologize to everyone for the video quality on youtube. i just wanted to share in the fun that i had with my homeys up in sb. www.dhrides.com will be up soon with all of my video clips in better quality.as for hardtails......be my guest. tunnel is one of the most technical trails i have ever rode. the second half of the video is when i cracked my boxxer and let me tell you that it was not easy to finish the run. check out the trail description done by local tunnel guru joe ortega(muthahucka):
http://trails.mtbr.com/cat/united-states-trails/california-trails/california-la-area/trail/PRD_1655

#13 ·
mb3designs said:
I agree. What's so special about that trail, other than it's length?
after that top part, the trail is about 90% solid rockgarden. your jackhammering curbs for 3 miles. stunts/jumps wise, there's nothing, but that trail is the ultimate suspension testing ground. the highly pixelated video does not do the trail justice. if you can get your flow going on that trail, and hold it top to bottom non-stop, you can flow any rocky trail.

#17 ·
William42 said:
fun trail

but its pretty hard to do it on a hardtail

and the vieo wasn't really good enough quality to bring it across unless you've already ridden the trail so many times you have it memorized!
yah if you're a total spaz and suck at staying on your pedals. IDK what you're talking about, that trail looked smoother than a baby's ass with zero obstacles.

Personally I'd RATHER ride my hardtail down that than my fs rig.

#19 ·
sriracha said:
after that top part, the trail is about 90% solid rockgarden. your jackhammering curbs for 3 miles. stunts/jumps wise, there's nothing, but that trail is the ultimate suspension testing ground. the highly pixelated video does not do the trail justice. if you can get your flow going on that trail, and hold it top to bottom non-stop, you can flow any rocky trail.
very much key words..........that trail is very tough to ride the whole way without stopping....it beats you up pretty good

#20 ·
It was pretty funny last year. We had this trail meeting (I couldn’t get in so watched it on t.v.) the Sierra Club showed up *****ing that we should be kicked off the trails. About 5 or 6 people stood up from the crowed and said, "I am a member of the Sierra Club and I don't agree with anything they are saying, bikes have a right to be there." (Something along those lines)

Then every time the Sierra Club guys would try and say something the Counsel would say, "Sir we already heard what you had to say, and people here in your organization don't agree with you so your point is mute." Oh man the guy was pissed it was pretty funny.

#21 ·
#1ORBUST said:
It was pretty funny last year. We had this trail meeting (I couldn't get in so watched it on t.v.) the Sierra Club showed up *****ing that we should be kicked off the trails. About 5 or 6 people stood up from the crowed and said, "I am a member of the Sierra Club and I don't agree with anything they are saying, bikes have a right to be there." (Something along those lines)

Then every time the Sierra Club guys would try and say something the Counsel would say, "Sir we already heard what you had to say, and people here in your organization don't agree with you so your point is mute." Oh man the guy was pissed it was pretty funny.
good.....................

#22 ·
Zonk0u said:
yah if you're a total spaz and suck at staying on your pedals. IDK what you're talking about, that trail looked smoother than a baby's ass with zero obstacles.

Personally I'd RATHER ride my hardtail down that than my fs rig.
I know from this post, you have never been down tunnel. The 1st 2:30min of that video should be cut out because that's nothing. I've see so much blood on the trail it would make you puke but whatever.

BTW the trail really sucks, it's not worth the trip.

#24 ·
#1ORBUST said:
It was pretty funny last year. We had this trail meeting (I couldn't get in so watched it on t.v.) the Sierra Club showed up *****ing that we should be kicked off the trails. About 5 or 6 people stood up from the crowed and said, "I am a member of the Sierra Club and I don't agree with anything they are saying, bikes have a right to be there." (Something along those lines)

Sounds like we need more bikers who are Sierra Club members as well around town...

#26 ·
DHidiot said:
Sounds like we need more bikers who are Sierra Club members as well around town...
or at least more bikers to step up to the mic and speak their minds. there were only 3 of us that stood up and set the record straight. luckily, i got the last word in at that meeting, right after the owner of jedlicas' rant against us.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.