Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

help

452 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  rorydude 
#1 ·
im looking for a new bike. im 15, 6 ft and 155 lbs. im looking for something burly enough to ride whistler, but i dont need 6 or 8 inches of travel. like a slopestyle bike that can handle some trail riding. im not a hard core freerider, but im not easy on bikes. and can you keep it as close to $1000 as you can?
thanks

#2 ·
more info

you are asking a question that has too many variables, if you want the forum to help more info is necessary. SInce you are asking about whistler you must have some experience...so it begs the question what do you ride now. where do you ride, etc. You get the picture now fill in the blanks

#3 ·
right now, i dont even know what im riding. its a piece of crap and its not even worth fixing up. its some vortex or something like that.

mostly i ride fireroads, small to medium sized jumps and drops. a little bit of climbing and fast down hills. i also ride bear mountain and mammoth mountain. and some shore freeride style trails up in northern california.

#7 ·
Bullits and Hecklers are cheap now since the new ones are about to come out. I have a buddy with an 18" Bullit frame that he's dying to get rid of if you're interested.
For $1000 you could get a nice new HT to build your skills on then eventually switch the parts to an FS frame if you wanted.
My vote is for the 7Point 3 though.

#8 ·
DeepSouthBuilder said:
Bullits and Hecklers are cheap now since the new ones are about to come out. I have a buddy with an 18" Bullit frame that he's dying to get rid of if you're interested.
For $1000 you could get a nice new HT to build your skills on then eventually switch the parts to an FS frame if you wanted.
My vote is for the 7Point 3 though.
yep...just buy used

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.