Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

My new racing machine!

1K views 24 replies 19 participants last post by  suicidebomber 
#1 ·
Well, I'm just about done with my new bike. It's a 2006 Iron Horse Yakuza Type R.

I have a few adjustments to make, like rotating my chainguide counterclockwise some, and another few things here and there. I want to get a matching azonic outlaw front wheel soon aswell.

Here she is:

See less See more
#12 ·
I'd like to hear what you think of the Fox 40 on that bike and what you think of the Swinger shock. My girlfriend has an '06 Type R with the Boxxer Race and I have the straight Kumicho with the Super T. Our only complaint is the slow rebound of the Swinger. We're considering replacing the shocks with a Roco World Cup.

#15 ·
tadrscin said:
I'd like to hear what you think of the Fox 40 on that bike and what you think of the Swinger shock. My girlfriend has an '06 Type R with the Boxxer Race and I have the straight Kumicho with the Super T. Our only complaint is the slow rebound of the Swinger. We're considering replacing the shocks with a Roco World Cup.
I had the 40 on my old bike and it's for sure the best fork I have owned (66rc, pike, 40) I had a swinger 4 way on my bighit aswell. I havent had any ride time on the bike, but the rebound does feel slow just sitting on the bike. I'll let you know once I ride it some.

#16 ·
Are you using the Swinger from the Big Hit or did this one come with the frame? The shock is fine at our local jump park, but at Whistler we really noticed how bad it was any time we hit a series of small bumps at any decent speed. It just couldn't rebound fast enough and made those sections less than fun.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.