Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Light & Motion ARC NiMH vs: NiteRider Enduro Select HID's. Both on sale.

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  grauler 
#1 ·
So, I need a lamp bad. I have heard great things about the Light in Motion, and know many people who own them and swear by them.

I have found the Nite Rider on sale at $300, and the L'i'M on sale at $350. Both seem to list similar spec's.

Am I better off spending the extra $50 on the L'i'M?

Am I missing the boat completely? Any better price/performance options I'm unaware of?

#2 ·
Light and Motion ARC Li-ION for SURE!!!!! $375 SHIPPED

Get the Light and Motion ARC Li-ION :thumbsup:

1. Light is lighter

2. Reflector is larger and custom made for L&M (broader beam=light spill)

3. Mounts on helmet better and doesn't pull down front of helmet like NR

4. proprietary break away mounting discs in crash (already saved my light-hit tree):D

5. Li-ION battery is lighter, lasts longer

6. Charges in about 2 hours (Iknow it says 3, but it is only 2 for mine)

7. Quality of customer service is superior (do a thread search and you will see that)

8. Best of ALL: the light is friggin awesome and is brighter and whiter than NR :thumbsup:

I bought from this guy who is an authorized dealer for L&M

http://cgi.ebay.com/Light-Motion-Ar...ryZ22689QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Only $375 including shipping to USA for L&M ARC Li-ION :cool:

#4 · (Edited)
L&M ARC Li-ION:QUALITY IS STILL THERE, LONG AFTER THE PRICE PAID IS FORGOTTEN!!!

You definitely want the Li-ION battery, charges faster, no memory, lighter, lasts longer.

Let me know how you like your light when you get it.:cool:

Remember to ask him for a receipt that is a regular transaction receipt for warranty purposes.

#7 ·
babar said:
where did you get the Niterider at $300 and the LM at $350?
They were both on sale at performance. I'm sure they still are.

Update- A friend who owns one of the LBS's here offered up the same deal on the Li-Ion as that eBay deal so I went with him. I'll be paying tax on it but I'd rather support him, even if it's only a few bucks.

The light should be here this Wednesday, but I don't have my bike to test it out on. I ended up buckling my OX Platinum frame in 3 spots during a ride yesterday, so it's being sent off to the manufacturer tomorrow. I suppose I could always ride one of my old 26" bikes in the meantime. :p ;)

I just want to say, thanks a ton for the help everyone! Especially you Wolfbeast!!!!! I got a killer deal on a killer light thanks to the good folks on mtbr.com. I love this place.

#10 ·
In addition to all of the props given to L&M products, they are a great company as well. They solidly stand behind their kick-a$$ products and go out of their way to support mtn biking.

Definitely give a solid recommendation for the L&M Arc Li-ion. Their Vega is a great backup light for the mtb or a great commuter lightl...no cable to mess with!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.