Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Whistler bike park

1K views 16 replies 14 participants last post by  ebxtreme 
#1 ·
whistler is the most amazing place i have ever been on earth. i went for the first time in 2005 and was completely hooked. i went four different times in 2006. all i can say is its all i think about. i constantly watch free-ride videos while dreaming of being up there. the bike park is a disney land for mtbikers, i cant wait for it to open i wish they would start digging the snow out right now so we can get an early start. is there anyone else that feels this way ?

#5 ·
Whistler is usually open from Mid May through the first week of October. As Karupshan said it all depends on the snow levels. Garbonzo (up top) usually isn't open until early-to-mid June. A good snow year this year so far could mean even later up top.

Couple of my posts from the park last year to help you through the pain...... ;)

Early season.

Late Season.

A reminder that Whistler can bite back.

EB

#7 ·
bradleyc said:
whistler is the most amazing place i have ever been on earth. i went for the first time in 2005 and was completely hooked. i went four different times in 2006. all i can say is its all i think about. i constantly watch free-ride videos while dreaming of being up there. the bike park is a disney land for mtbikers, i cant wait for it to open i wish they would start digging the snow out right now so we can get an early start. is there anyone else that feels this way ?
whistler is the sh$$$, but don't forget other nearby places. the shore+squamish can be just as good or even better. also the non-park whistler trails (i haven't done) but i know they rock. to me the shore is even more intense that whistler. but its all good!

#8 ·
bradleyc said:
Goddam, yeah...

#12 ·
ebxtreme said:
Whistler is usually open from Mid May through the first week of October. As Karupshan said it all depends on the snow levels. Garbonzo (up top) usually isn't open until early-to-mid June. A good snow year this year so far could mean even later up top.

Couple of my posts from the park last year to help you through the pain...... ;)

Early season.

Late Season.

A reminder that Whistler can bite back.

EB
you and EIO are my tour guides

#14 ·
cant wait to go back

we went the last weekend it was open - columbus day weekend. i thought that place was amazing in the winter... gawddam! these are the only photos i've got - theyre at the bottom of gargamel - my buddy locked his keys in the car. the local tow truck dudes unlocked his car for him and didn't want anything - so we gave them some beers. ahh...memories. it's almost exactly 3 months till opening day...ho hum :smallviolin:

Attachments

#15 ·
I wanna go check out the Airdome so bad it's killin me. Just imagine the progress you could make in a day (or weekend) with unlimited access to an indoor jump park with a perfect roll-in, kickers and a hellacious foam pit.
I'm seriously considering the Summer Gravity Camps in August. $2 grand for a week on Whistler (includes the Airdome btw) riding and hanging out with 6 or 7 of the world's top pro riders...small price to pay. That's one of those experiences you'll still be smiling about in your grave.

Anyone been to the SGC and is it as much fun as it sounds?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.