Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Downhill/freeride on P. bikes or cowan?

851 views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  paintmc 
#1 ·
Hey guys I was wondering if any of you guys use a kona cowan(or any of that series) or a specialized p. bike to do downhill or freeriding. I am looking for a new bike and by the description of the bikes the mention freeriding a few times. Is it reccomended to do this, or is the design suited for jumps only? If you have have some pics, I would like too see:)
thanks

#6 ·
I ride a P.2 for DH and FR. I wouldn't recommend a long travel fork. get something 130mm and under to play it safe. but I ride my P. series very hard. some people use the kona's as well, they hold up just as fine. but they dont have the lifetime warrentee.

back in the day

current

#11 ·
I'm usually one to bash other preferences, but DC on a P.series or Kona DJ bike would be completely retarded and a waste of money. If you really like hardtails with DC think more along the lines of Evil Imp., Banshee Morphine etc etc. A P.series with 130mm is plenty for what you are describing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.