Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Please help me..........With NiteRider

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  GMF 
#1 ·
I have an old NiteRider XCL-Pro. My charger is broke. It is no longer working at all. I need a class 2 charger. I have looked to find the same one else where to no avail:madman: . Any help would be much appreciated. I have been of the bike for a while and want to get back !! Thanks !!
This is what I have:
Class 2
Input: 120V-AC/60Hz/5.9VA
Output: 15.95V-DC/300mA
Type: FW 4299

#2 ·
Hi, what is class 2 charger?? :rolleyes:

And 15.95v ouput?? are very strange...:eekster:

Well, I used a RC (Radio control) charger with variable ouput, any charger of RC type it will be worth to you.

I used this charger (x-peak 220v). Input AC 100V ~ 240V / 50 ~ 60HZ. I suppose that you used NiMh batteries, this charger permit charger from 1-14 cells, from 1.2v to 16.8v

Greetings - Saludos

msxtr

#3 ·
msxtr said:
Hi, what is class 2 charger?? :rolleyes:
I think a "Class 2" charger references an FCC certification (a U.S. certification similar to CE that is common in Europe). That is not important for finding a new charger.

You are only interested in the input/output. Find something that you can plug into a wall, and has similar output specs, and you have a replacement charger. Some plug grafting may apply. One the other hand, have you tried contacting NiteRider?

Good luck,
-Damon

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.