Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

James rev K2 Emitter

758 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  James@GearReview 
#1 ·
Hey James, Many thanks for the work you do to help us here.

I was wondering if you can answer a ? about the K2. This light looks very impressive according to the beam shots. Since you only had one emitter, how do you think the dual emitter would have done. Also, run time on high for both is 2.2 hrs. The web site didn't tell me if I can run the dual w/ one on the helmet and one on the bars and use only one when climbing. I'm assuming this is all ok however, didn't know if there was enough wire to split them.

I was surprised at the output of that light and it looks like all I would ever need is a dual set up w one on the helmet and one on the bar.

Thanks

MB

#2 ·
Hey, MB.

I have not used the Dual K2, but I imagine that it is twice the brightness of the single emitter light.

I DO NOT recommend the "one on the bars and one on the helmet" approach when only one battery is used. This comes up from time to time (it did with the Blackburn X6, also) and it is just a bad idea to tie yourself to your bike via a cord. If you want a helmet light and a handlebar light, get two complete systems. You are asking for trouble otherwise.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.