Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Could anybody post a beamshot of the new Cateye EL-530?

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Tinier 
#1 ·
I know this light is underpowered for night offroading, but my Dinotte Ultra 5 casts a flood beam, and I don't think I would be willing to pay for another Ultra 3 to cover spot duties. (I'm using a 1watt headlamp (similiar to an EOS) for my helmet light, so I was considering the EL-530 to do spot beam's work.

I would be really grateful if anybody could post some beamshots (maybe at ~10 meters to a white wall) of the EL-530, hopefully with some common bikelights/ flashlights as a point of reference. Cateye's claims of 1500 candlepower isn't really relevant in the real world.

Anyone? James?

Thanks in advance,
Eddie

#3 ·
No I'm not expecting this light to do miracles, I just want something to cover the spot duties for the handlebar. Short of lashing a Fenix P1 or a Nuwai X3 clone which I have, this light is the other option for spot beam. Something that can shine down the trail beyond 20meters would help me pick up obstacles on the trail as I usually set my helmet light to shine abit higher for low lying branches.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.