Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Princeton Tec Switchback2 Hemet/Bar combo?

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  jaseh 
#1 ·
Does anyone have the Switchback2 light by Princeton Tec. Would 2 of them be bright enough to use as a combination Helmet/Bar combo for agressive/technical riding.:confused: Not real fast speeds, but very technical terrain.

THNX

#5 ·
Sb3

The SB3 is good on it's own. I did the first ride this week on a helmet mounted SB3.

The ride had both highspeed and tighter techincal parts. The beam does reach pretty far and is not too narrow. Just saw a forum with a home built wide beam bar mount light, that would be the cats ... with the SB3 on the helmet.

Jeff

#6 ·
I used the SB1 and SB2 at a 12hr on the weekend, I had the SB1 on the helmet and the SB2 on the bars, I found that the combination was excellent with more than enough light for the speed I was going. I even had a comment from one rider that was using a HID about how bright they were, he thought I was alot closer than I actually was.
So yeah I think 2 SB2's would be plenty but if money wasn't an issue I would go with a SB2 on the helmet and a SB3 on the bars.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.