Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Light for Trail Riding???

882 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  pinkheadedbug 
#1 ·
I need a light (helmet or bar mounted) for trail riding at night. It also has to have replaceable batteries as I will have no ability to recharge. I understand a halogen bulb will shine farther than leds. Tell me what features/models I should be looking for.

#2 ·
Look at the Dinottes. They use regular AA batteries (alkaline or rechargable). The handlebar mount is 5w and has a wide spread. The helmet mount is 3w and has a narrow beam. They are both tiny and (in my experience) completely indestructible.

The best thing is to use both together. I love mine.... they stay on the bar/helmet all the time.

Here's my original review:
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=243800

If anything I like them more now than I did then. I would buy again in a heartbeat.

#4 ·
afie said:
The DiNotte 3/5 combo seems perfect except that the batteries seem to only last 2hrs on high. This means carrying extra batteries. Also, they are $300.
The extra batteries are very light and small, are AA type, what's the problem? well, perhaps the $300 :D

Greetings - Saludos

msxtr

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.