Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Tenney Mt. DH Race this Sunday!

808 views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  DJrider04 
#1 ·
Anybody goin? I was supposed to go with like 5 friends, but they all cancelled on me for wicked lame reasons. Anybody going to the practice tomorrow from like 1030 - 4? Looking to hook up with some people to ride with since my kinda went bust. Lets here whats goin on. Im going to pick my bike up right now at the shop from a tune up, later.

#3 ·
Finally! lol, thank god some1 posted, I was getting ready to ride by myself. Ill be on a rootbeer bullit, with all TLD stuff, and roach kneeshin pads. Ill prolly be there tomorrow all day, hopefully we could get a ride in together. I want to scope out the expert course, heard theres at least 1 10footer on it, but I was told there are at least 4 good sized drops on it. Are you going to the freeride festival on monday? I probably will check tomorrow morning, then im out...I got like an hour drive. Im planning on getting my a$$ handed to me, only my 3rd race. If we run into each other, hope you wont mind riding with a 15 year old. Gotta head to bed, later.

#4 ·
Alright cool, i'll keep an eye out for the guy on the rootbeer bullit with tld stuff. I think they only have the race course itself open for riding saturday so we have to run into eachother atleast once. I heard the course was pretty cool as well, gotta love them drops :D I wont be going to the freeride fest on monday. Tenney for me is a 5 hour drive since im in central maine. I wouldnt mind hookin up for a few runs at all, i like riding with new people. Im alittle shy so if you see me on the white scream with avy and monster t just come up and say hey i talked to you on mtbr. dont worry about bein 15, im only 16. you'll be racin with me then? I dont know how im gonna do, i rode a ton of sunday river last year but this is only gonna be my second race. I just wanna ride, i dont really care if i get my ass handed to me (thats my excuse ;) ) I'll be arriving at tenney around noonish tommoro, see ya then man!

Sparky

#5 ·
Okay man, sounds good to me. If I hook up with the guy im supposed to, ill be with a guy on a Tomac 204 Magnum....but I prolly wont meet up with him. Yeah, riding is what I wanna do, but I know I can show my friend up, so I might actually "race" this time. Were you at the last ragged race? Im headin to bed, hopefully ill see you up there.

Luke

#6 ·
K, that sucked. I broke my brake, and have to order a new part, and my friend broke his arm hardcore. His arm is bent, and no its not at the joint. Many patches of still water, and hella muddy...im not even gunna try it without a front brake. Course itself is sweet though...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.