Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

ARC NiMH Run Times?

800 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  ahb 
#1 ·
Hey all.
I've cycled my ARC NiMH about 8 times already and my max run time is 3h 5m.
Just wondering what you're all getting?
Thanks,
Lenny

#3 ·
I'm in the same ballpark. I think I measured a cycle time near to 3h15 when I first got the light, but I've since stopped worrying about it. I very rarely do night rides where I need more continuous illumination than the light can give. I never ride alone at night anyways, you can mooch off someone else's beam on climbs and slower sections if you're really stressed about battery life. on the other hand, those HID bulbs are only good for a certain number of strikes, so you're probably better off to leave the thing on and get yourself back to the parking lot in 2.5 hrs anyways. or alternatively, upgrade to the big Li-ion battery, doesn't it have like 6 or 7 hr burn times?

#5 ·
under ideal conditions, that's probably what you can expect. NiMH batteries are affected by temperature, and exact specfics of the first couple charge cycles may make a difference as well. I tend to think about those numbers in the same vein as auto manufacturer's 0-60 times. you might be able to replicate the numbers, you might not. in the real world, they're a little bit moot unless you're often running up against the run-time for the battery.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.