Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Did I toast my battery?

855 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Low_Rider 
#1 ·
I'm using a L&M Solo Logic NiMh light, and I left the battery plugged in for at least 40 hours. Am I buying a new battery, or is this one gonna be all right?

#2 ·
kevhogaz said:
I'm using a L&M Solo Logic NiMh light, and I left the battery plugged in for at least 40 hours. Am I buying a new battery, or is this one gonna be all right?
Sorry, I don't know that light, but if it has a smart charger, it will be fine.

If it needs 10 hours or so to charge, it is a low rate charger and that would not kill the battery.

If the battery was really hot when you took it off the 40 hour charge, that is not a good sign :nono: .

Otherwise you may have taken a few hours off the battery's life expectancy, but no big deal :thumbsup: .

Good luck
:cool:

#3 ·
Thanks, airman. the battery wasn't any hotter, than after a normal 14 hour charge cycle. I checked out L&M's website, after I calmed down a little, and it says the battery can handle a couple of "extended" charges.

#4 ·
There’s only one way to find out, give it a try and see what happens. Rather then loosing a little time off your packs life, it’s more likely that you will loose capacity (run time) in general.

With a 14 hour charge it’s definitely a trickle charger, so an extended period on charge like this may not have done any noticeable damage at all this time around. In the future it may be worth buying one of those appliance timers that you plug into the power point. Set it to turn off after 14 hours and you’re laughing. :thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.