Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Cateye double shot..

3K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  msxtr 
#1 ·
Has anybody tried one? What do you think.

#3 ·
Stratocaster said:
Has anybody tried one? What do you think.
I helped develop this light thru 12 and 24 hour solo racing for the past 3 years. For a high power LED light, it gets the job done. I am able to race at full speeds using only the Double Shot. Charge time is good...as is the burn time. The CatEye "shot" lights is an option in a market full of lights. Make your purchased based on usage and your financial obligations.

#4 ·
I have been using a Double on helmet and a Triple on bars for over a year. Lots of posts here - try searching this forum. Sorry, I just don't want to type what I have typed a few times already.

#6 ·
brum said:
You guys ever tried opening it up? The triple and doubleshot (pro) are pretty outdated now that the newer SLED are around. If it's easy to open (as the Switchback is), you could pop in a Edison KLC-8 or Seoul Semiconductor P4. Should almost double the light output, while retaining runtime.
Interesting idea! I'm not enough of an electrical / lighting geek to try. Any of the DIY / CPF guys here have any comments on this? If it is possible, I'd be willing to try it with my Triple Shot.

#7 ·
brum said:
You guys ever tried opening it up? The triple and doubleshot (pro) are pretty outdated now that the newer SLED are around. If it's easy to open (as the Switchback is), you could pop in a Edison KLC-8 or Seoul Semiconductor P4. Should almost double the light output, while retaining runtime.
It's good idea, but seoul P4 not have the double light that luxeon 3, see you.

Greetings - Saludos

msxtr

#10 ·
rideandshoot said:
I'm very interested in upgrading my triple shot with the Cree XR LEDs. What do I need to know and what do I need to be able to do to perform the swap?
Hi, I think that for upgrading the triple shot with Cree leds, are not easy, the cree leds have the "dome" more big than luxeon leds, and the original optics of triple shot are not valids, then for adapt a cree optics to triple shot will are complicate....

Greetings - Saludos

msxtr

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.