Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Manitou Slider Plus - Large or Small?

428 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  WheelieMan 
#1 ·
I'm ordering my Manitou Slider Plus tomorrow (gotta love pro deal!) and I saw on the price list they have large and small. What's the difference?

Guess I could call tech, but the number's at work. Thanks for any info!

#2 ·
Large or Small

It has to do with your head tube length. Here is something that should help.

Size Information:
Add the length of your head tube, plus the stack height of your headset, plus 5mm. If the sum is 145-175mm, order the standard version. If the sum is 175-200mm, order the large version.

#3 ·
Do you know if it can be changed later? I'm putting it on an 18" Instigator right now, not sure of the headtube size, will have to measure. But if it takes a "small", can it be changed to "large" later? I'm 6'4", so some big headtubes may be in my future.

vibiker said:
It has to do with your head tube length. Here is something that should help.

Size Information:
Add the length of your head tube, plus the stack height of your headset, plus 5mm. If the sum is 145-175mm, order the standard version. If the sum is 175-200mm, order the large version.

#4 ·
Vermonter said:
Do you know if it can be changed later? I'm putting it on an 18" Instigator right now, not sure of the headtube size, will have to measure. But if it takes a "small", can it be changed to "large" later? I'm 6'4", so some big headtubes may be in my future.
I also have a slider on an instigator. I would get the large no matter what your headtube length is, because it gives you more head angle adjustment (not that you would need any, but at least you have the option) and there is simply no benefit of having the small. Yes, you could buy a new crown later, but why bother with that? Just get the large.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.