Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 battery, 2 lights what combo?

653 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  VaughnA 
#1 ·
I've done a search on this but haven't come to a good conclusion:

I have one good 4AH 6v battery. I have some batteries on order but they won't be here for tomorrow's ride. I'm trying to figure out my best option. I'd like to be able to ride over 1.5 hours if possible. I tested the battery last night and I get 2 hours on a charge. I have a single helmet mount and a dual barmount light and the following bulbs that I can use in any combination. 12W Flood, 12W spot, 20W flood. I ran last week with the 12W flood on my head and wasn't really seeing as well as I would like.

What combination would you gentlemen think work best on fairly rough,technical trails that I'm not super familair with? I can go any combination of the above parts but I need the time. I'm considering going with the 12W spot on my head but I'm worried I won't have good peripheral vision or contrast. It looks like basically a single 12W bulb , but which one and where?

Opinions?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.