Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Help:TLD D2 or 661 Pro Bravo CF

627 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  fred.r 
#1 ·
Well it is time for a new full face helemet and I am trying to decide between the Troy Lee Design D2 or 661 Pro Bravo Carbon. I wear goggles, so if one seems better than the other, please let me know. Thanks in advance for the help. :D

#2 ·
E86 said:
Well it is time for a new full face helemet and I am trying to decide between the Troy Lee Design D2 or 661 Pro Bravo Carbon. I wear goggles, so if one seems better than the other, please let me know. Thanks in advance for the help. :D
I absolutely love my tld, its sooo nice and light, and very comfortable, like all helmets its really hot with goggles on, but other than that it has great ventalation, its an awesome helmet all around

#3 ·
I think TLD's are over priced but that doesn't matter if you like you like

The 661's are a really good value......I have been riding them for about 4 years. They have great ventilation too....

downside of the 661 this year's Carbon fiber helmet......I feel the mouth guard is too close to my face, so my nose doesn't feel protected enough......I think the design is for less chance of breaking your neck, but I rather have it out a smidgen more.....also it doesn't breath as well as the years past ones do....If I could find a large 05 Carbon fiber 661 I would buy it in a heart beat

#4 ·
I've just gone from carbon TLD to carbon Specialized Deviant and I am very impressed. Great helmet, amazing ventilation and 1 gram lighter than a TLD! :D

I am done buying massively expensive helmets. I rode with my carbon TLD way beyond the point of replacement just because I couldn't stomach another £300 on a helmet. Glad I chose what I chose now. If I wreck it I replace it.

#5 ·
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
I think TLD's are over priced but that doesn't matter if you like you like

The 661's are a really good value......I have been riding them for about 4 years. They have great ventilation too....

downside of the 661 this year's Carbon fiber helmet......I feel the mouth guard is too close to my face, so my nose doesn't feel protected enough......I think the design is for less chance of breaking your neck, but I rather have it out a smidgen more.....also it doesn't breath as well as the years past ones do....If I could find a large 05 Carbon fiber 661 I would buy it in a heart beat
Except they are one of the ugliest helmets ever made.

TLD.

#7 ·
Thanks everyone for the suggestions:thumbsup: . I was thinking of the 661 Carbo, but since shiver me timbers made the comment about the nose protection, I think i may go with the TLD D2 Carbon. i am trying to find a deal on an older model, or one that that does not sell well(graphics wise) I am going to have my friend paint it. Thanks again. :D

#8 ·
E86 said:
Thanks everyone for the suggestions:thumbsup: . I was thinking of the 661 Carbo, but since shiver me timbers made the comment about the nose protection, I think i may go with the TLD D2 Carbon. i am trying to find a deal on an older model, or one that that does not sell well(graphics wise) I am going to have my friend paint it. Thanks again. :D
Keep in mind that's Shivers personal opinion and not everyone feels the same. The 661 pro bravo is a great helmet in my opinion, and I can breath perfectly fine with it on, the chin guard has never been an issue. TLD has always seemed like a huge rip off when it comes to their helmets, there are helmets just as nice for a lot cheaper, such as the 661. I'd personally try them both on, and which ever fit better I'd buy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.