Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Stp 1 05

1K views 15 replies 5 participants last post by  f0ggy 
#1 ·
Hello,
My bike is a Giant STP 1 2005 (hardtail) model, i want to hear your thoughts on this bike: are these bikes good? what could be some good upgrades? i ride on small downhills, decent jumps and bmx race tracks.
i needs better tyres i think, the standard Kenda K-RAD's havn't got enough grip for my use of the bike.
Any comment will be appreciated,
thanx

#2 ·
I have the same bike, I don't think the bike is good for trail riding at all the angles are all for DJ/Street. Not to say it dosen't rip off road but climbing is pretty difficult. It performed great at the skate park and in DJ's I culd also see it being an awesome 4X bike if the course was made for a hardtail.
I bent the crap out of the zokes Joke fork that it came with and put a Fox Vanilla RLC on that I lowered to 100mm.
I also put 2.4 holy rollers on it and I think the k-rads rolled a lot faster. Maxxis now has 2.2 holy rollers that are probably a lot better.
I pretty much have all new stuff on there now but most of it is to suit my riding and preferences.

#5 ·
I had that bike and put a Rock Shox Pike on there, and it was awesome, I got it used so it was in the budget you might also look into getting new rims/hubs and new rear derailure. Its gonna be expensive but if you build it up over time it will turn out realll nice, I would suggest x-9 derailure and mabe mavi 721's laced to xt hubs? And the pike is really awesome but in my opinion you cant beat fox's dampening

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.