Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Moving to Puerto Rico - a good place for riding?

3K views 17 replies 5 participants last post by  DiRt DeViL 
#1 ·
Saludos todos,

My wife wants to attend school in Puerto Rico, so it looks as if we will be moving there. Is there anyone out there who can give me general information about the mountainbiking and/or roadbiking there? I don't yet know where in PR we will live - maybe Mayaguez - but I'm not sure.

Are there any races in Puerto Rico? Is the best mountainbiking concentrated in one region, or is it distributed equally over the whole country? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

I apologize for not writing in Spanish, but that's a skill I have yet to acquire. Thanks in advance for any information.

Gracias,
K

#2 ·
#6 ·
Mike Fitz said:
When does the season start again?
The season goes from March to September, this year got extended due to postponed events.

Mike Fitz said:
Why not have a winter season so all of us up here in the cold would make a trip down?
Good question, I have no answer. The trails XC or DH are available year long so feel free to come down here.

10/29 is the DH national championship race.

#13 ·
With all the rain that fell last night Monagas should be wet for a while.

Try Guanica, the trails are La Jungla, Las Pardas and Bosque Seco. All can be ridden wet or dry and it's currently dry down there. Also try the Piratas Sunday rides, they're nice and long.

I'll be taking my kid to the velodrome in Carolina today, Thursday and prolly Saturday and depending on the agenda may go down south for a ride on Sunday. There's also the Bernardino Mass race in Ponce, the registration is free and has price money.

#14 ·
Will the rain ever stop?
Man I feel like Forest Gump
One day it started raining, and it didn't quit for four months. We been through every kind of rain there is. Little bitty stingin' rain... and big ol' fat rain. Rain that flew in sideways. And sometimes rain even seemed to come straight up from underneath.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.