Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Bolts

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  jackal2513 
#1 ·
got my Oro Puro brakes last night. 2 of the bolts in there are very light, under 2g, they feel like aluminium. But what amazed me is teh two other long bolts and all the rotor bolts are SO heavy. They add up to well over 20g on just the front brake alone !!!

I was quite stunned and havent allowed for this in my build. Replacing all the major bolts on the bike must really add up to a fair bit as per nino's post.

Question is, are teh extrlite bolt kits good to use. I personally dont want to spend days and days working out sizes and hunting round hardware shops.. would much rather buy specific kits that just do the job.

#2 ·
Racebolts.com has what you need. Much less expensive then Extralite's hardware. Bolt tuning is half the fun of building up yer rig. It's not the destination but the journey when it comes to WW builds because they are always a work in progress. Have fun with it.:thumbsup:

#3 ·
I realize that this weight weenies but you sound near suicidal over the fact that the bolts are 20g. Don't do anything rash, World Championships have been lost on less so I understand your concern...:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Once again you have been caught red handed in full-on "Toad" mode. WTF??? Why hang out here if posts like this offend you? Slow learner? Posts like this are what this forum is all about. You continue to baffle and amaze, Scary.:confused:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.