Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Ellsworth Moment

494 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  GreenJeans 
#1 ·
Does anyone have any experience riding the '05 Moment? How is the handling going down the mtn? How does it climb - any bobbing? How does it compare to an '03 Specialized Enduro Pro? I just picked up a new Moment frame on ebay for a steal. I can't wait.

Pictures would be great!

#2 ·
I own one and it is fantastic. I have only a 130mm fork and could use a150 for the more technical rides, but currently it climbs great and is a very able decender. You should post this in the Ellsworth forum. You will get a ton of responses. BTW, mine came in at a hair under 30lbs. I tend to use it for 24 hr (team) races too....

#3 ·
Love Mine.

I've ridden mine in about every type of situation you could imagine. I ran some DeeMax, DHX coil and a Slider+ for a while and raced a few downhill races with it. Now, I've got Crossmax XL's, a DHX Air and a Pike on it. I use my Stinky Supreme for the real big stuff, but use my Moment for just about everything else. I'll throw some 2.1 tires on it, a longer stem, lower rise bars and crank the fork down to about 120mm and ride it on all day rides. Then swap to larger ties, a shorter stem, and crank the fork up to 140 and use if for DJ, riding skinnies etc. Definitely a jack of all trades for everything except the real big stuff.

One thing I would like ot change though, I'd like to upgrade to the new RS Lyrik as I feel a little too steep on the head angle when I'm in "DJ/Freeride Mode". The extra 20mm would give almost another degree drop in the head angle but still allow me to drop it down for my trail rides without adding any real weight.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.