Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Go through with frame switch?? Kona>>Banshee

668 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Jake HT 
#1 ·
Hey guys, just wanted your opinion. I have found someone willing to buy my 13" Kona Stuff frame. I am then going to buy a Banshee Scratch 12" frame. Just want your guys opinion before I finish the deal. Heres some Pros and Cons (in my situation). BTW, money isnt an issue, I have enough for the Scratch.

Banshee Scratch Pros: Short Chainstays, Bombproof chromoly frame with great warrenty, Horizontal dropouts (main reason!!!) so singlespeed with out a tensioner, Gring guards.

Cons: Heavier than Kona (banshee told me that a small frame is 5-6lbs) That sound right?
If it is heavier, will it take alot to get used to for bunnyhopping? I can currently hop 2ft on my Kona but I dont want that height to go down if I get a Banshee. Pretty much bunnyhoping capability is the main reason for my hesitation.

So, what do you think??

#4 ·
alright, thanks guys. I just didnt want it to be like my friends bmx bikes. he had some free agent aluminum racing bmx and I could bunnyhop it almost as good as on my Kona, but then he got a Norco Volt bmx and I cant hop it worth a crap. I dont want my switch to be like that. What do you guys think?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.