Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

bent banshee?!!? i cant tell

2K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  NS1 
#1 ·
:( the right side is spaced further away from the top tube.. i think. what do you guys think? am I being over critical? i just got it a week ago.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
bansheebikeman said:
:( the right side is spaced further away from the top tube.. i think. what do you guys think? am I being over critical? i just got it a week ago.
I got your pm and yeah judging from the pics it looks like my rockers but go to the source

#4 ·
A guy i know from another site ordered an 04 banshee scream and he told me his order got temporarily delayed because banshee recieved a few bad rear ends that were welded crooked (sp) Its possible maybe you got one of them? Call up Jamie or Pip at banshee and ask them whats up, and see if you possibly got one of the bad chainstays. Be sure to PM me with how stuff turns out, i cant imagine that would happen in a week unless you were really goin hhhuuugggeee.

#3 ·
Is that bike rightside up? I can't really tell in that pic what's going on. But if you're talking about the chainstays being more towards the driveside(right) then that should be fairly normal since most bikes have it like that to make room for the chainline and all that.

#6 ·
i'm just hoping the shock doesnt explode from the side load, assuming there is one.. i guess I may have gotten one of those stays, it does look a little bit off when looking from the back of the bike. If I get the digi cam again ill post a pic of that.

#9 ·
bansheebikeman said:
is it safe to ride??? :confused: i might be hittin up some mad urban this weekend.. will it be safe? im still awaiting a second reply from banshee... want ur opinions as well. thanks
Hey, I dunno man, if its possible that the whole thing about the chainstays is true, and you did get a bad one, then i wouldnt ride it. Honestly, what id do, is as soon as banshee opens tommoro, call up banshee, ask for pip or jamie, say you think somethings bent, say you have some pictures that you can send him thru email and if he thinks its screwed up by looking at the pic then send it back. thats the only advice i can give

#11 ·
UPDATE! the fellas at banshee are great..

I'd give a 10 for customer service. I talked to banshee on the phone, and showed them some pics via email.. and the consensus is that there should be no problem with riding the frame, and nothing should break from this. :) The person I talked to was great, very polite even with my many calls and inquiries ;) well im off to ride! :D

#14 ·
they didnt say it is completely normal, but that they couldnt see it as being a problem. They did say to send my frame in eventually if I had a chance, to get it evaluated and etc. but I have a race comin up and cant be without it. He gave me the "go-ahead to race and ride" lol. the warranty is 10 years so im not that worried about that end of it. now I know it wont break, so im not worried about that end of it. I guess I dont have any more worries! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.