Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Experience with Xpedo MtnForce pedals ?

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  WAZCO 
#1 ·
Has anyone tried these pedals yet ?

I am really interested in a review of them !

#2 ·
Just two rides on them.

Replace my Shimano with them. Didn't change the cleats and they are a slight bit harder to clip in (may be because they are new)and are easy to un-clip. They appear to be well made, but time will tell. The weight is kclose to advertised weight and are a real big saving over the Shimanos.

#3 ·
I was a little bummed when I saw the new ad - the ti spindle versions have a 80kg weight limit :(!!

I still plan on trying them out. I'm not a strong rider and don't do drops or jumps so I imagine they'll be fine. Most things are rated conservatively with some margin of safety to cover their butts..

#4 ·
bmadau said:
I was a little bummed when I saw the new ad - the ti spindle versions have a 80kg weight limit :(!!

I still plan on trying them out. I'm not a strong rider and don't do drops or jumps so I imagine they'll be fine. Most things are rated conservatively with some margin of safety to cover their butts..
most ti spindles have a pretty low weight limit. Egg beaters are a tad higher at 185 lbs. Did you not see the post with the broken ti egg beater..

#8 ·
Danne said:
Has anyone tried these pedals yet ?

I am really interested in a review of them !
Good so far. I've only had them for a month, 300 miles logged in. They're a little smaller than my 959 and 747 as far a platform goes. I've bottom out on rocks in South Mountain (AZ) countless time and seem to take the abuse like my shimanos. After about 50 miles, the entry were just as easy 747. Exit was easy as well but my setting was set in the middle. I weigh about 165 w/ all my gears, 152 without gears. I'll post again 1,000 miles or if it breaks before then.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.