Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Manitou...Swinger 4 way

1K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Raptordude 
#1 ·
how much does one go for if it is never been used (bran new) but buying it off somebody

what is a good price

#2 ·
Not sure on a good price but, I wouldn't get it. Swingers have zero high speed compression. They feel ok at low speed but, when bombing down a dh trail it sometimes feels like your on a hardtail. I've tried a combo of all the settings but, nothing helps. I'd look for a different shock.

#4 ·
My general rule is half the retail price if I'm buying used in good condition. The coil goes for about $400.00 and the the air for about $450.00. I would be hestitant to buy a used suspension component without checking it installed on a frame and a presure test as well...

PS-I have a 4 way coil on one of my bikes - IT'S AWESOME

#11 ·
I really like my Swinger, and there are a lot of adjustments with the 4-Way to tune your ride just enough. For total DH Riding I would steer you towards the Swinger 6 Way, Revox, DHX or possibly my favorite: Roco.

My bike is a light DH bike and it works perfectly. It works great for those pedaling sections on a DH Course (Sea Otter...or others), it feels really stable and able to get off the mark quickly.

As far as DH performance, I would use it in almost any circumstance, but this is coming from me. I don't own a complete gravity rig (Although I wish I did). If you need absolutle plushness and total small bump compliance, the Swinger 4-Way may not be for you.

However, its price to performance ratio is on spot more so than a lot of the shocks out there. I would reccomend it. I absolutley love mine, and the Swinger is great for freeride, and DH. That may sound contradictory since I said if you have a total DH rig get something else, but the swinger will suit your "needs". I rode it all summer last year at Northstar and loved it.

If you can get a good price on it, get it. It gives the higher end shocks a run for their money.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.