Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Does anybody use RF Atlas cranks??

665 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  SylentK 
#1 ·
As of now, I have a Giant AC with mostly Evolve DH parts, but pretty soon I'll be upgrading to a new frame, most likely the Versus Blitz II. This being my all mountain bike, and short(er) travel race bike, are the Atlas cranks strong enough to do that type of riding? It's not my big bike, Demo w/ Diabolus, so I'm not huckin crazy cliffs. I think back on how I raced my first dh race on Race Face Evolve XC cranks. I'm just considering this because I'm hoping to build up the Blitz a little bit lighter than my 38 lbs Giant.

#2 ·
Yeah dude, I have the X-type on my Nomad. Although I've ridden them about 10 times, they seem to be holding up just fine. Lightweight, stiff, easy to install, chainrings shift great, overall I am impressed. So far I have done some light DH shuttles, BMX, Dual Slalom and of course XC with emphasis on pinning it on the DH. And I am happy to report they are holding up great, not even a hiccup.

I have the Evolve DH cranks on my DH bike and those things are TANKS! These Atlas' are waaaay lighter. I'm not really a 'weight weenie' so I was surprised at how light they were. Get'em, you'll be happy that you did. And def go with the X-Type, super easy install, especially if you'll be messing with a chainguide.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.