Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

05 888 closeout

1K views 10 replies 11 participants last post by  VooDoo13 
#1 ·
#6 ·
Yeah, I picked up an 888 VF over the winter as part of their Freeride Build Kit for $999. They still have it with a few substitutions. Bought a barely-used frame and now I have an '05 Banshee setup for under $2K (had to buy a rear wheel/hub b/c they wouldn't swap out for a 12x150). I called everywhere and no one could put together a comparable build for that price.

http://wheelworld.com/itemdetails.cfm?catalogId=39&id=2898

It'd be nice if Marz. would top off the oil for you though. Found that out the hard way on opening day a couple weeks ago when I bottomed out on everything over 3'. Just ordered the spacers to go to 200mm over the weekend.

#10 ·
I want to put a rebound adjustment in my '05 888vf. In order to stop it from bottoming I had to go with the heaviest springs, the heaviest oil Marz suggests, and the max oil level they'll let you put in and right now it feels like a pogo stick. Anybody have rebound damping internals from an RC laying around?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.