Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Hardrock Pro Disc or Voltage YZ 0

2K views 26 replies 14 participants last post by  RYAN E 
#1 ·
Hey guys, i'm needing some advices about those bikes...
What do you think that it's the best buy?

Specialized Hardrock Pro Disc

Scott Voltage YZ 0

Thanks...

See less See more
#9 ·
Go for the Scott. That Dirtjam pwns the MZ Comp. I'd live with Alivio components... just go to parktool.com and learn to tune your own stuff. It used to seem really hard but I can do it so easy now, it's no way worth the labor cost for having a deraileur tuneup...

Now having a wheel laced... yeah.

#10 ·
mountainbiker9109 said:
Scotts components are a lot worse. Hardrock has Deore and scott has alivio shifters. Think again.
Frame construction and fork is MUCH better. Alivio or Deore shifters, big deal, they're both low end. And all Shimano shifters/derailleurs use the same mechanisms, just different materials. Bars, stem, cranks, wheels are also better. Pro disc has slightly nicer brakes.

Hardrock is an entry-level recreational bike. The Voltage was designed with some sort of abuse in mind.

So why don't you think again?

As of now, I'm still working at a Specialized dealer too.

#13 ·
Yeah the X.7 IS nice. You could buy the Pro Disc and do a tradeup with Marzocchi for $100 for a DJ3. Tis what I did.

Just don't do hops on the back wheel with the rear brake. I snapped the frame that way.

#25 ·
the Scott hands down, in my opinion every good bike should start with the best frame possible, and that'd be the Scott, very well built, burly and 4.1 pounds if not mistaken even if it did have *slightly* worse build, the frame is the key component to every bike and will be the main deciding factor in how your bike will ride / survive.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.