Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Most dissapointing night of my life

2K views 42 replies 29 participants last post by  Deweydude 
#1 ·
So saturday night i was volunteering at a charty auction and my parents happend to be there to. One of the items in the live auction was a 7 night stay at a 3 bedroom 2 bath condo in whistler in the middle of august. It was valued at 2500 so I knew my parents would never actually bid on it. So the auctioneer starts the bidding at 1000, no one bites, so he drops to 750, still no one. So i go over and start trying to convince my mom to bid on it, BUT SHE WOULDNT!!!!! 750 dollars for a week! thats like 110 a day! 3 bedroom condo!!! WHISTLER!! AUGUST!! Instead she bought a $800 catered dinner that i am not allowed to go to.

Just wanted to let everyone wallow in my mysery.

Does anyone know if they let you sleep in your car in the Whistler Parking Lots?:D

#6 ·
leddder said:
So saturday night i was volunteering at a charty auction and my parents happend to be there to. One of the items in the live auction was a 7 night stay at a 3 bedroom 2 bath condo in whistler in the middle of august. It was valued at 2500 so I knew my parents would never actually bid on it. So the auctioneer starts the bidding at 1000, no one bites, so he drops to 750, still no one. So i go over and start trying to convince my mom to bid on it, BUT SHE WOULDNT!!!!! 750 dollars for a week! thats like 110 a day! 3 bedroom condo!!! WHISTLER!! AUGUST!! Instead she bought a $800 catered dinner that i am not allowed to go to.

Just wanted to let everyone wallow in my mysery.

Does anyone know if they let you sleep in your car in the Whistler Parking Lots?:D
Ouch man, your parents don't love you.

#7 ·
Whaaaa... mommy wouldnt buy me a weeks vacation in whistler, and instead spent her money on her. Man what a selfish beeyotch!:incazzato:

Dude seriously, how spoiled are you?:shocked:
What stopped you from putting up the $750?:bluefrown:

Get a JOB sir.

#8 ·
Zonk0u said:
Whaaaa... mommy wouldnt buy me a weeks vacation in whistler, and instead spent her money on her. Man what a selfish beeyotch!:incazzato:

Get a JOB sir.
dude, you suck.

#15 ·
Zonk0u said:

Get a JOB sir.
calm down little boy:nono:
I was never angry or mad just dissapointed because i know for sure im going up there this summer and i would rather get a condo for 110$ a day then a crappy hotel room for 250$ a day.
Its kind of hard to get a job when it is illegal to get one
So calm down,

#16 ·
mudpuppy said:
So...thats the worst thing...haha...wow....yeah, it would have been fun, but really its lame to come on here and complain about something as trivial as that.
not complaining so much as telling a little story
I dont understand why this offends people so much

#17 ·
SuperKat7 said:
I'm sorry for your loss.
Who won it?
That was the worst part, no one is going to be able to enjoy that crazy deal, no one bid on it.
so now the people that are donating it are probably selling it for the ratail price 2250 or something around there.

#23 ·
Dude find out who was selling it and contact them. A lot of times when an auction item goes unsold the donator will be willing to sell it very cheap. Happened to us once on a $5000 utility quad, nobody bit so we talked to the dealer owner after the auction was over and he offered to give it to us at lower than the opening price. We didn't do it cause we didn't need, it but it's the point that matters. :D Good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.