Status
Not open for further replies.

Jan Karpiel comes back.... to DH racing

2K views 18 replies 15 participants last post by  DH40 
#1 ·
No joke here.

Article in Polish
https://www.dh-zone.com/index.php?m=single&id=301

Jan Karpiel has come back to homeland Poland and won Masters category in first Dh race this year, in extremely muddy conditions.

Masters:
1. 83 POL19630331 KARPIEL Jan SMPTT Zakopane Carpiel Bikes 3.18,26​

Jan in action

Podium

Misc

See less See more
#13 ·
dandurston said:
Can anyone say for sure that it's actually Jan in those pics? Most people probably don't know what he looks like.

Also, are we sure they aren't old pics? The fork looks Circa 2003 or so...can anyone date the pics a bit better than that via the bike spec?
There's an 06 Boxxer WC in the background of the podium pic and the guy he's talking to in another picture is on an 06 Giant Glory.

#16 ·
dandurston said:
Can anyone say for sure that it's actually Jan in those pics? Most people probably don't know what he looks like.

Also, are we sure they aren't old pics? The fork looks Circa 2003 or so...can anyone date the pics a bit better than that via the bike spec?
That's Jan, he really didn't ride much DH since his injuries so that 2004 888 is like brand new.

#17 ·
Brian HCM#1 said:
FYI, QR's on those frames are not an issue. I'd live to see a 12mm thru, but I've bee riding Karpiels for the last 5 years and have never had an issue with it.
oh yeah i know my freind has a kapriel disco volante( he bought it and it has never scene any dh/fr) i ride the bike more than he does(i fix it for him;) and i love it. its very sensitive and his has almost no rear pedal bob. when i said newer sicker frames i meant new designs, but still keep karpiels beastyness and didnt try to be weight wienys about constructing them

#19 · (Edited)
Yes that is Jan, the smarmy bugger, and the bike is an Armageddon which debuted at the 1999 WC DH at Squaw Valley in Tahoe...I held the 1st prototype which a guy on RM drove to the race from Reno - frame only....it was not available to the masses for many, many months, Then when it became available it was many, many months of "painting" before you received one. Many many many of those months.

Edit - I was drunk after my first DH 'podium' -beginner, different course from the WC- and got Steve Peat to sign the GT hat event hat (he was on GT, remember?) Also ACC from 'Dale wrote her moniker on the course map.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.