Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Carlmont/dj Picsorz

986 views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  ebfreerider510 
#1 ·
A few vid clips of a new line we made at the DJ spot. it is super flowy and when you are dealing with sand that is hard to make:D . my friend has been taking so many pics of me so i brought him to Cmont today to shoot some actual FR footage. enjoy, it was a great time. for those that are not BayCal locals Carlmont is the FR mecca of the SFO area. :thumbsup:

hitting one of the ladder drops. it is smooth but it was so windy that when i landed i slid out, still made it though.

not exactly an intentional 1 footer haha, but made it. wind is horrible.

hitting the hip/gap, not enough speed to truly boost it but not bad

lots of sick berms hidden all over the place

i love this gap

more pics/vids of the djs laterrr...hopefully some of you will see this tonight

See less See more
#2 ·
Hey you. Your PMs are full. I have a few questions about the Identiti.

Soo.. I'm about to pick up a pink 13.5 inch Dr. Jekyll. I'm not sold on the color, but I love the frame. What size is yours and how tall are you? 13.5 seems a bit cramped for the longer rides, but I'm willing to suffer a bit for the better cause. Also, does the rear chainstay/seatstay clear a 203mm rotor? And do you know if your frame has the reinforced chainstay or not? Sorry to ask so many questions, but I'm about to sell my beloved Coiler frame to pick up a pink Dr. Jekyll frame... The only reason I'm getting the pink one is I can get it wayyy cheaper than cost. It's goign to look like such a kid's bike with the pink frame and white 24" wheels. Oh well. Girls like pink, right? Too bad they don't like bikes. :D

#5 ·
XSL_WiLL said:
Hey you. Your PMs are full. I have a few questions about the Identiti.

Soo.. I'm about to pick up a pink 13.5 inch Dr. Jekyll. I'm not sold on the color, but I love the frame. What size is yours and how tall are you? 13.5 seems a bit cramped for the longer rides, but I'm willing to suffer a bit for the better cause. Also, does the rear chainstay/seatstay clear a 203mm rotor? And do you know if your frame has the reinforced chainstay or not? Sorry to ask so many questions, but I'm about to sell my beloved Coiler frame to pick up a pink Dr. Jekyll frame... The only reason I'm getting the pink one is I can get it wayyy cheaper than cost. It's goign to look like such a kid's bike with the pink frame and white 24" wheels. Oh well. Girls like pink right? Too bad they don't like bikes. :D
haha well...i am not actually sure what measure my frame is, i know it is the regular and i think they only make reg and XL so i guess it is also 13.5? i am 6ft even and the regular size frame feels great, super smooth and flickable. it is however a bit cramped for longer actually trail rides i think. the chainstay will clear a 203mm rotor i think but im not completely sure because i run a 160mm. the pink looks alright i think, set it up with some white wheels and you will be pimp. i don't know bro....i know a few girls who dig my bike:p
hope all that helps a bit...email identiti with other questions, they reply quick

#7 ·
XSL_WiLL said:
If you measure about 1 inch out in the plane of the rotor, does it contact the chainstay or seatstay? Or does it look like it has clearance? Thanks for all the help man. I know this is the frame I want, just not sure about pink still.
mm it doesn't look like there would be enough room to fit the 8in rotor. sorry, i originally thought there would be but it doesn't look like it. feel free to ask any questions, i'll do my best to help. i don't think pink will be too bad, real men wear pink dammit:D although i don't own anything of that color so i guess i am missing out:madman:

#12 ·
Thats my hometown spot man!! That place is in such shitty condition, we need rain badly so we can fix it up...I guess I'll post some pics of me too!
Me on medium pimpin (trail gap)

Warp Speed

Newer stepdown, this pic does it no justice, its about 30ft

Railing into the berm...

No hander on Bullwinkle (the hip jump)

#13 ·
stratguy said:
Thats my hometown spot man!! That place is in such shitty condition, we need rain badly so we can fix it up...I guess I'll post some pics of me too!
Me on medium pimpin (trail gap)

Warp Speed

Newer stepdown, this pic does it no justice, its about 30ft

Railing into the berm...

No hander on Bullwinkle (the hip jump)
hey man awesome, your names tom right? im max, i bought your friend robs bike i think...we should ride there together sometime. i don't get to go over there a ton but im going to start going out there every few weekends now i think. when it is windy it was sooo sketch!! i can't hit everything there but would like to work up to it. we should ride though.

#14 ·
ebfreerider510 said:
hey man awesome, your names tom right? im max, i bought your friend robs bike i think...we should ride there together sometime. i don't get to go over there a ton but im going to start going out there every few weekends now i think. when it is windy it was sooo sketch!! i can't hit everything there but would like to work up to it. we should ride though.
Yeahah I remember I found you on myspace, hit me up on there whenever you come out. www.myspace.com/fcrida add me if you havent already

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.