Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Start of my floridian North Shore trail...

897 views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  MxFlyer43 
#1 ·
This is the Beginning of the trail...
you take a right onto this first bridge, and ride it until you get to the ajacent log and there will be more rungs to get you smoothly onto it.

A close up of the first turn/intersection

I placed the rungs pretty far apart on the flat sections so that I could save them for other sections of trail...

Here is the log ride, this is right after you get off the first ladder...

I placed the rungs closer together here to get more support...

I ran out of rungs here, at the end of the part where there is no bark I discovered humongous fire ant nest, there were no survivors:devil:

Here is the last ladder that is finished... there will be more to come. From here the trail takes a sharp left and leads you onto another log ride.

I also encountered a 3 foot long 2 inch diameter poisonous snake on the way to the trails...:thumbsup:

See less See more
#4 ·
looks sick man, becarefull out there with all those animals, make sure u got a phone if u ever get hurt. i would try to keep it as natural looking as possbily for a cooler effect. keep up the good work man

#7 ·
Did some more work today...

Put a few more rungs on the first little bridge...

Finished the Turn onto the log...

Close Up of the Turn...

I spaced the Rungs close to gether and supported the side tthats not on the log with a 2x4

The corner leads onto the log ride as you can see in this photo...

Got some more work to do, but it's coming along:thumbsup:

#11 ·
FloridaFish said:
good stuff. do a search for information about "frank's trails", it was near tampa and was supposed to be ladders all over the place.

I'm hoping to start my own bridgeland in the backyard of the I'm moving into, there's plenty of land, but the wood is expensive.
I thought it was near orlando, but it doesn't really matter because I think the guy moved and tore down all of the stuff and gave most of the wood to the ridgeriders.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.