Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

directions to crack trail?

593 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  X-Vert 
#1 ·
I was down in pacifica/monterey and I rode montara mountain, but I couldnt find anything DH like. when you get up to the top, before the antennaes, do you turn off to the high rocks where the lil cave thing is, and go down that trail? What is it, and where's the wall?
thanks, Im hopin to get down there soon

#2 ·
xtricycle said:
I was down in pacifica/monterey and I rode montara mountain, but I couldnt find anything DH like. when you get up to the top, before the antennaes, do you turn off to the high rocks where the lil cave thing is, and go down that trail? What is it, and where's the wall?
thanks, Im hopin to get down there soon
Did you ride Mile or Boyscout? They aren't hard to find if you start in the proper place. Best recommendation I can give is to go to Gearhead Bikes, and ask for directions to the proper starting point. They will hook you up.

#3 ·
Start up the acess road on the north side near the boy-scout area.

It's not too hard to get on the trails. I haven't done it in like 5 years but I could do it if I was there.

Starting in the correct place is good.

The trail that has "the crack" is NOT at the very top of the mountain.

#4 ·
You're almost there.

At the point by the rocks. Go down that trail and head to the right. Eventually you'll hit the top of Mile. Go down Mile till you get back to the access road. Go up again by the pole again that's the start of Boyscout. Ride down to the street...repeat and rinse.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.