Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Big bike in a little box?

659 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  dogonfr 
#1 ·
I'm sure some of you have done this more than myself. . .but I've got a pretty big bike (Banshee Chaparral XL), and it's got a big fork (Super-T). My question is. . .how much bike can fit in one of those plastic bike boxes? Any slightly bigger/better than others? When it was shipped to me (from GoRide), it was in two boxes (bike, wheels seperate). I'm going to be working in Phoenix in a few weeks and was thinking of bringing my bike along, but don't want to do the cardboard thing, and don't want to buy a case if it's not going to fit.

Suggestions, tips, experiences?

I'm going to borrow a friends case to see how hard it is to fit, but don't want to end up with bent rotors, or derailler, etc. . .

Thanks,

voodoo-1 (not dead, just feels that way sometimes)

#2 ·
if i pull the swingarm off the main frame, and the fork legs out of the triple clamp, remove the rotors and unbolt the derr hanger, i can fit my Canfield inside my suitcase, then i just use my clothes to wrap things from getting dinged up. done it a few times now.....

(edit: i also remove the pedals and take the bar out of the stem...)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.