Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

azonic headlock & Z1 Light 2006

812 views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  XSL_WiLL 
#1 ·
I want to install a Headlock on my 2006 Marzocchi Z1 Light but I have heard that it won't fit the tapered steerer tube on the bottom. Is this true? and if so is there another alterantive to the old star nut?

#5 ·
Yep!

ANdRewLIu6294 said:
i dont think it'll fit, it didnt fit on my 2005 Z1
That is what I thought cause everything except the internals is the same from 05 to 06.
Bummer
Is there anything else out there that might work. Just trying to avoid the star nut I ride in really wet conditions in winter and the star nut is a freaking rust bucket.

#7 ·
Bolt fits, but the base doesn't. You can shave off a bit of the base to make it fit.

Woodman makes one, Hope makes one for carbon steerers that's just a plug, works ok on steel/aluminum steerers. Answer makes one. Etc. Lots of them out there. You can even make one yourself.

#9 ·
XSL_WiLL said:
Bolt fits, but the base doesn't. You can shave off a bit of the base to make it fit.

Woodman makes one, Hope makes one for carbon steerers that's just a plug, works ok on steel/aluminum steerers. Answer makes one. Etc. Lots of them out there. You can even make one yourself.
I wouldnt advise shaving, I have a 06 66SL and had to shave off some and the thing snaped! I was checking all my bolts on my bike and give'n a little tightening and that was my last one and snap! It sux that the thing didnt fit from the start....anyway i had to revert back the starnut.

#10 ·
cake96861 said:
I wouldnt advise shaving, I have a 06 66SL and had to shave off some and the thing snaped! I was checking all my bolts on my bike and give'n a little tightening and that was my last one and snap! It sux that the thing didnt fit from the start....anyway i had to revert back the starnut.
I've shaved an Azonic Headlock before. Well.. Actually I machined it. Regardless... It worked.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.