Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

888 Drop Crown

805 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  sdtmtb 
#1 ·
Stoked to just put a new 05 888 on my vp free, but i'm still getting accustomed to the taller front end. I'm considering getting a dropped lower crown, and want to know what's available. Is it just risse or go-ride? Those are the two i know of, and it would be nice to find something comparable that isnt 150 bucks.

I searched but didnt see answers to my question, but if this is a dead horse topic im sorry. thanks for the help.

#3 ·
i have the go-ride crowns and they make a huge difference. it allows me to ride a 888 on an m1 frame. it honestly feels like the perfect fork with them. my friend has a bullit and his 888 with stock crowns makes it feel so racked it is insane. i will have a vp free frame soon hopefully with a 888 with flat crowns too:D

#5 ·
house said:
Stoked to just put a new 05 888 on my vp free, but i'm still getting accustomed to the taller front end. I'm considering getting a dropped lower crown, and want to know what's available. Is it just risse or go-ride? Those are the two i know of, and it would be nice to find something comparable that isnt 150 bucks.

I searched but didnt see answers to my question, but if this is a dead horse topic im sorry. thanks for the help.
Get them, they make a huge difference, lighter, better steering. They look great too.

I got the go-rides on my 05 VPF. Its worth the investment.

Stuart

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.