Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Lance feelin a little lucky

2K views 26 replies 11 participants last post by  Steve71 
#1 ·

See less See more
#6 ·
icegeek said:
Thanks, but is it a DH/FR pic, or a AM pic? I'm so confused.
Hmm, good question Icegeek. Then again......what is "All Mountain" anyway? :confused:

Since this particular move is on Porcupine Rim, I'd have to say it's more AM. However, the likelihood of you guys shuttling to do UPS/LPS / Porc Rim could easily put this in the DH space. Everyone knows that only DH'ers shuttle! :)

Same pic of me from a different angle last April.

Cheers,
EBX

#9 ·
EBX.....nice........i hate labeling everything...just ride
ebxtreme said:
Hmm, good question Icegeek. Then again......what is "All Mountain" anyway? :confused:

Since this particular move is on Porcupine Rim, I'd have to say it's more AM. However, the likelihood of you guys shuttling to do UPS/LPS / Porc Rim could easily put this in the DH space. Everyone knows that only DH'ers shuttle! :)

Same pic of me from a different angle last April.

Cheers,
EBX

#11 ·
ebxtreme said:
SMT, just playing up the recent ruckus around the "all mountain" forum (as was Icegeek, I assume). :) I don't care what type of bike, brand of bike or style of riding people like to do. Labels crack me up.

Cheers,
EBX
no problem............EIO says good things about you and your boys.....he says i would hate the pedal ups....you giuys are like gazeles

#13 ·
Sweet, I like the shot. All of mine were not so great. Thanks for posting it up icegeek.

As for AM vs DH/FR this might fall into all of the above. A bit heavy for dedicated AM use, 11.5 lbs, but I rode Porc and two days of slickrock including the full loop, the lookout (the long one) and did all the hard climbs including the one on the highest fin on the back loop with all the bumps. Funny because I watched maybe 6 guys in a row flail on it. Anyway I don't claim to be a pedal head but my girlfriend is pissed because she says I have a pedal bike now and she can't beat me on the climbs anymore!

#14 ·
ebxtreme said:
SMT, just playing up the recent ruckus around the "all mountain" forum (as was Icegeek, I assume). :) ...
Bazingo. Plus this was (nearly) my first post in f=47, I mean, I'm comfortable in passion and some of the regional fora, but like, I ride a 6x6 bike but this pic was taken while riding a 7x7 bike on a shuttle run but I had ridden it up the day before and two days after, so I wasn't sure if I was one of you, or just posing and really one or them, or worse yet, one of them.

#16 ·
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
no problem............EIO says good things about you and your boys.....he says i would hate the pedal ups....you giuys are like gazeles
Yeah, EIO's fitting in pretty well. We had a totally kick arse ride on Sunday and he was schooling some tough stuff. Can't get him out for our post-work XC rides due to his work/family schedule though.

Climbs are just a reality around here on the big bike. Not that bad, honestly, as it keeps most of the dumb asses off those certain trails.....you gotta earn your turns. There's a couple of shuttle opportunities locally and on the Shore, but I haven't shown E those yet. I figure once he finds out about those, I won't be able to get him out on any of the other rides! :)

EBX

#18 ·
The Lucky is a 7-8" travel frame. The Balance is a 5-6" travel frame. Balance has really short chainstays (16.25-16.75) so it's great for jumping and fast turning. The Lucky is 17" chainstays so it's in the normal range for DH/FR. Both bikes are front derailliur compatable. I was really loving the Lucky in Moab. The bumpy climbs became easy, now all I need to do is pull the NYC freeride parts and see how light I can get it.

#19 ·
flymybike said:
The Lucky is a 7-8" travel frame. The Balance is a 5-6" travel frame. Balance has really short chainstays (16.25-16.75) so it's great for jumping and fast turning. The Lucky is 17" chainstays so it's in the normal range for DH/FR. Both bikes are front derailliur compatable. I was really loving the Lucky in Moab. The bumpy climbs became easy, now all I need to do is pull the NYC freeride parts and see how light I can get it.
Thanks for the info , the web-site did not have the details.

#21 ·
ebxtreme said:
Yeah, EIO's fitting in pretty well. We had a totally kick arse ride on Sunday and he was schooling some tough stuff. Can't get him out for our post-work XC rides due to his work/family schedule though.

Climbs are just a reality around here on the big bike. Not that bad, honestly, as it keeps most of the dumb asses off those certain trails.....you gotta earn your turns. There's a couple of shuttle opportunities locally and on the Shore, but I haven't shown E those yet. I figure once he finds out about those, I won't be able to get him out on any of the other rides! :)

EBX
you can show me.........earning your turns.....that is harsh words

#23 ·
flymybike said:
Thanks for the info, I will send you a PM with some other questions.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.