Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

do you know "canyon bikes"

4K views 24 replies 13 participants last post by  SHIVER ME TIMBERS 
#1 ·
Hello, i do my best for speak a minimal english. Anyboby know "canyon bikes", a german hand made mark. I want yo buy a torque 3. What do you think ?
Thanks for your answers.

http://www.canyon.com/

#5 ·
There is a local So Cal company called Canyon who makes BMX race bikes and some mountain bikes. The Canyon I know about is owned and operated by local BMX legend Robbie Rupe.

Robbie Rupe’s Canyon Bikes makes very high-end BMX race frames, but I don’t think this is the same company…

#8 ·
WWT said:
There is a local So Cal company called Canyon who makes BMX race bikes and some mountain bikes. The Canyon I know about is owned and operated by local BMX legend Robbie Rupe.

Robbie Rupe's Canyon Bikes makes very high-end BMX race frames, but I don't think this is the same company…
umm... it's not the same company. Also the investor of the local company shut it down after the other "Canyon" company said they had it trademarked and were going to require them to change the name.

#11 ·
these are bikes that have their roots in germany. they are known for very being very well equipped; van36rc2, dhxair, and sram components. "Dont judge a bike by its cover", though this may sound very appealing, cost only 2200 euro, the fram is horendous! They are very cheaply made, offer an awkward geometry and bobbing is just a daily occurance. Worst of all, its a mail-order company that has their bikes assembled and built in taiwan. The company has no retailers and must be bought directly through them, which means, NO testing :mad2: !
STAY THE FUKK AWAY!!!

#12 ·
Their roadbikes have got some excellent reviews in German magazines. Don't know about the mountain bikes.

The road bikes seem to be great values for money. At least last year, I heard complaints about looooooonnnngg delivery times (supply and demand, apparently).

They have had some kind of on-line measurement/fitting system but I suppose YOU need to know what exactly it is you want.

#13 ·
.WestCoastHucker. said:
duhhh. the bike in question is from a german bike manufacturer, not a SoCal grassroots company. seems pretty obvious to me and i'm no rocket scientist......
(that's what my edited post above said, i just edited it because i didn't want jimmy to think i was trying to be a dick to him...)
Point taken- just trying to make it clear that the SoCal company no longer exists...

What are you doing at 3:30?

#19 ·
PblcNme said:
if you want true american quality, the go ride cannondale:D
I don't do this often- but oh well...

you are a TOOL.

Buying a bike direct from a company that has no retailers (direct from company) has no bearing on what a company does for testing. although I have no clue if Canyon does any real testing or not or what factory in Taiwan the bikes comes from.

American "quality" is like Asian "quality." Some suck, and some are top notch. Just because you bought a Cannondale does not mean you bought "true american quality" It means you bought a Cannondale made in a factory in the US...

Again- you sound like a TOOL, and any bright person on this board will conclude this when they read the posts you have in this thread.

/I can't believe I'm fighting on the intranet:eek:

#20 ·
Roaming Oregon said:

you are a TOOL.

Buying a bike direct from a company that has no retailers (direct from company) has no bearing on what a company does for testing. although I have no clue if Canyon does any real testing or not or what factory in Taiwan the bikes comes from.

American "quality" is like Asian "quality." Some suck, and some are top notch. Just because you bought a Cannondale does not mean you bought "true american quality" It means you bought a Cannondale made in a factory in the US...

Again- you sound like a TOOL, and any bright person on this board will conclude this when they read the posts you have in this thread.

Woa ... never seen Roamer jump into an e fight... wow.

;)

#21 ·
I've never seen it either. It must mean that what's-his-face really is a tool.

Crack-'n-fail. Gemini... Can you say flex? And yes... it bobs without a platform shock...

No ride time on the Canyon, but it has a strong component spec and it is a four-bar horst link. Where it is made has no bearing on it's quality.

#25 ·
Roaming Oregon said:

you are a TOOL.

wow the choir boy has spoken harsh, but well said

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.