Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Saints and Flatboys?

910 views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  XSL_WiLL 
#1 ·
Well i have my saints on my HT now and they are super clean looking and stiff BUT my only problem is that i had to run my easton flatboy pedals off of my DH bike. on my DH bike the pedals tighten into the diabolous cranks and work perfect, but on the saints for some reason they loosen up slightly and make a clicking noise that is pissing me off a lot. this shouldn't be a problem considering these cranks and pedals are a popular combination it seems like. any ideas to why they loosen up? the cranks were brand new when i bought them also. i have switched them back and fourth and they are only not clicking on the diabolous not the saints.

#4 ·
silicon pipe tape?

add a couple wraps of silicone pipe tape... won't damage your threads, and will quiet the whole setup down a lot.

#8 ·
there was grease on the pedals but i think there just wasn't enough. that has to be it because they aren't loosening up really just clicking. my diabolous are greased quit a bit so i guess the saints just need a bit more. than:idea: ks

#9 ·
ebfreerider510 said:
there was grease on the pedals but i think there just wasn't enough. that has to be it because they aren't loosening up really just clicking. my diabolous are greased quit a bit so i guess the saints just need a bit more. than:idea: ks
good luck.....i hate squeecks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.