Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Saint Hub W/o Deraileur?

559 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  standard235 
#1 ·
Can I run a Saint rear hub without using their deraileur? I guess what I need to know, is if anyone makes a 10mm rear axle that fits the Saint rear hub.

I would like to build up a wheel set with saint hubs, but do not want to use the rear deraileur for the time being.

Thanks in advance.

#3 ·
why would you do that... please do not support the idea of saint that is so far away from the very few standards mtb components have. much cooler hubs out there for the same price. but oversized center lock sucks... saint sucks.... shimano sucks.... and this is coming from someone who has owned saint, and hone, and will never go back. if you must, wait for the 2007 as ive heard it may have the option for center lock or 6 bolt

#4 ·
I do have to agree that the OS Centerlock Saint rotors suck. Plus the narrower braking path of the rotors leads to problems when running them with calipers that use wider pads, such as Hayes calipers. This leads to uneven pad wear and eventually various noise/studdering problems.

But it's a well-built hub.

Reverse rise for the Saint is kinda stupid. I can see the logic, but it's backwards@ss.

I would much rather be running SRAM x.9 than my current XTR setup.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.