Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Bootleg Canyon DH question?

916 views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  SHIVER ME TIMBERS 
#1 ·
Looks like I'm making trip to Vegas next month and we're planning on renting bikes to ride Boolteg. I think we're going to rent from All Mountain Cyclery.

My question is this: DEMO 9 or STINKY?

Just wondering if these trails warrant a demo or is it going to be overkill. I think the stinky might feel closer to my uzzi vpx which I have to leave at home, but how often do you get to go rail on a borrowed demo 9? I'd appreciate some info from people who've been there.
Thanks for the help!

#2 ·
HoldMyBeer said:
Looks like I'm making trip to Vegas next month and we're planning on renting bikes to ride Boolteg. I think we're going to rent from All Mountain Cyclery.

My question is this: DEMO 9 or STINKY?

Just wondering if these trails warrant a demo or is it going to be overkill. I think the stinky might feel closer to my uzzi vpx which I have to leave at home, but how often do you get to go rail on a borrowed demo 9? I'd appreciate some info from people who've been there.
Thanks for the help!
Demo 9, without question.

#9 ·
You know, I was up there yesterday, and I went up with a friend. I rode my Demo and he rode my Giant AC. We switched up for a few runs, and the Giant, properly set up, was good enough for the trails we were doing. Before I ever had the Demo, the Giant was my dh bike. Yea, of course the Demo would rock it out there, but if say it didn't work out or something, you'd be fine on a Stinky.

And bring money for the shuttle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.