Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Great Scott (Nitrous)!

4K views 26 replies 11 participants last post by  Oni 
#1 ·
Well, gotta admit, I'm liking my Nitrous, for the most part. Bit of a gamble, getting it, as Scotts been back in the USA for what, 2 weeks now? :D Of course it's got all of one (1) run down my local DH on it, but hey, when it's been raining for 42 days straight, you take what you can get. I feel all aggro and extreme. No, not really. It's going to be a fun bike, not going to the replace the 575, but it'll be fun. Maybe now I'll learn how to jump (and land, it's always the landing bit that I screw up on). And I can start adding 'huck' into my conversations. And I get to buy more armor. Wheee....

Think my biggest female-dog is that the danged thing weighs 44.4 lbs. That's heavy. Haven't shot my spine out my butt yet, but could certainly feel the weight when I tried to muscle the bike around. What's the point of having a granny gear?

Scott did a good job spec'ing the bike. They spent the money where it needed to go; Hugi FR hub on the rear, El Camino brakes, X-9 shifters and rr derailleur. Teflon cables (nice touch).

Gotta admit, I goofed, didn't need to buy the Saint cranks to replace the Holzfeller cranks and Howitzer BB. Looks like a good spec. Yeah, and the resin 424 pedals....riiiighhhhhtttt...toss on the beat A-Frames. Oh well. More parts laying around.

DHX 4.0 on the RR, smoooooottttthhhhh. Been several years since I ran a coil-over on the back. 66VF2LT on the FT. Damned fork has was too much rebound so it's take the top cap off, find an impossibly long 3mm Allen and go to it from inside. Nice. That's quality.

Poochie dual ring system, heavy and ugly, e13 anyone? Think the reducing cups and Syncros headset are going to go before too long, need to bring the FT end down a wee bit.

See you in the dirt,

Oni

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.