Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Tire Weight Savings

642 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  kingfurby 
#1 ·
I am runnig Comp S UST tires which weigh in at somewhere around 700 grams. Would i save a conisderate amount of weight if i ran regular Comp S tires and Stans???

#2 ·
Yes, you would

Kaparzo said:
I am runnig Comp S UST tires which weigh in at somewhere around 700 grams. Would i save a conisderate amount of weight if i ran regular Comp S tires and Stans???
Comp S Lites weigh about 450-460grams. If you figure the Stans kit weighs about 100grams, then thats a savings of at least 140per wheel of rotating mass. Those are excellent tires BTW, I've raced on them for the last two seasons with great success. As an alternative to the Stans, you could try the Michelin Latex Tubes at 125grams per. Not one flat in entire season of racing with them and I run my tires no higher than 33psi. (I weigh 138lbs)

#4 ·
one scoop for me

What's up fellas? I use one scoop with my ust rims and do fine. Of course I use heavy duty Hutchinson Gold tires so that might make a difference. I have had excellent results riding and racing on groomed cross country loops. So that's only 120 grams plus the 900 gram tires you are considering. That's almost a pound of savings, go for it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.