Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Going to go Stan's Tubeless, what tire

657 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  venga venga venga 
#1 ·
I have 519 rims, and ride Bay Area single track and fire roads. I weigh 180, and ride a SC Superlight. What tire would people recommend to use that would be light but still have some tread, as well as mount easy with stan's.
Thanks.

#2 ·
try the Kenda Blue Groove

piercebrew said:
I have 519 rims, and ride Bay Area single track and fire roads. I weigh 180, and ride a SC Superlight. What tire would people recommend to use that would be light but still have some tread, as well as mount easy with stan's.
Thanks.
I think its a pretty good all around tire.
hooks up great in everything except for thatched grass :)

#3 ·
piercebrew said:
Thanks.
i've been using wtb epic wolf 1.95s @ 460ish grams. they roll fast on bay area hard pack (south bay) and have decent tread. for more tread i go to conti explorers or wtb moto raptor race both around 520g. they don't roll fast but will hook up better on the loose over hardpack/sandy/gravel/rocky. for a high volume knobby, i like the wtb mutano raptor race 2.4 @ around 570g. they are nice and wide and roll pretty quickly cause of the center ridge of knobs.

i've mounted these tires on ust rims using stan's. i have a compressor so they fill really easily.

#5 ·
Hutchison

piercebrew said:
Thanks.
I use the Hutchison mosquitos with stans sealant on my bike. It is super light, good tread, bi directional. and seems to hold air great. not to mention cornering. You'll love stans tubless, its super cumfy and light.

#6 ·
indyfab21 said:
I use the Hutchison mosquitos with stans sealant on my bike. It is super light, good tread, bi directional. and seems to hold air great. not to mention cornering. You'll love stans tubless, its super cumfy and light.
i used to have your setup and maybe its just me but i think the mosquitos wash out way too easily. their knobs are too squishy, don't grab and are few and far between. i also find the pythons to have minimal cornering grip as well, no knob on the shoulder. they are comfy tires though due to the large air volume.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.