Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

choice to make in awhile(maybe)

375 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  ebfreerider510 
#1 ·
lately i've been thinking that maybe in a few months i mite want to consider a new big bike frame. right now i ride an m1 with a vanilla rc DH and i love it to death but i sometimes want something a little lighter and more FR then DH. I race DH a little bit but mostly i ride more FR stuff with northshore stunts, fair size drops(going bigger and bigger) and big doubles with some very fast, steep and tech. DH runs. my m1 handles everything and i love it but sometimes i want something that i could pedal up demo forest and other places with that won't exhaust me when i cant get a shuttle. so i've been thinking about the vpfree with a DHX 5.0, the gran mal with a DHX also and now i have scene the versus trigger. i love all of the frames and am super interested in all of them. i believe the gran mal will feel a little more like a race rig and has a lower BB height but im not sure. from guys who ride these frames, how do they pedal? what do you ride them on? what is your build? any problems with anything? this is all pretty vague and im sorry about that im just considering my options in the future but nothings for sure

the build would be:
888r with flat crowns
DHX 5.0 probably ordered with the frame
thompson elite post
WTB something or other seat
mag 30 front rim with ringle hub
MTX rear with ringle hub
mich 2.8 front tire
intense 909 ex 2.7 rear tire
race face diabolous cranks and BB
easton flatboy pedals
mrp single ring guide/bashguard
XT r.d.
sram 9 speed cassette and chain
azonic bars
hayes mags

so ya pretty gnarly DH build.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.