Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Dumb Technique question....

417 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  NorKal 
#1 ·
Hi there!!

I'm ready to be flamed like a Messerschmidt over Dover in 1943 but here I go....

I've read and hear that you can pre-load your suspension before a jump (if not SPV equipped)...

How can you do that and what are the pros/cons.

I'd use it for trailriding... more than 5mm of air under my tires scares the shizzle out of me.

Thanks!!
Warp

#2 ·
You're basically unweighting the bike at the precise time you need to by compressing the suspension in advance so that it rebounds just as you're going over the obstacle and gives you more lift. Not a dumb question at all. It can be very useful on trails for short sections of rough terrain.

#4 ·
laymans terms

you push down on your suspension right before you hit the jump..... as you leave the jump the rebound helps you go higher up and further out...this is sometimes called boosting

most of the time you wouldn't use it for trail riding unless you were trying to make a gap or jump higher in the air off a little kicker or something else.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.