Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

I really hate to post this…..

676 views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  Raptordude 
#1 ·
And before anyone says, Yes I did search the forum, and I have two simple questions

Fox 36 vanilla

Or a 66

For a bike that says 130 – 150 front fork (a moment)

2nd question

I currently ride a vanilla RLC 130MM how well will this fork hold up for drops between 5 – 10 feet, and on the DJ trails?? So far no issues, and on the DJ-trail I lock it out..

So any help would be good

Keep what I gots or upgrade??

#5 ·
RobsterCraw said:
66 is 170mm so thats not your best bet. you could get the 66SL and stick the travel at 150mm. 36 van is probably your best option but people do some big stuff on regular vanillas, but If you are not a smooth rider forget it.
no, there was a 150 version, i dont know about 06, but 05 they did i think. i know ive seen one, i think i rode one too. i did race a 66rc and its an awsome fork for shur....

#7 ·
The build the short version

Bike - Med Moment
Cranks - XT
Hubs - King
Rims - Mavic XM
Stem - SIC Classic
Bars - Club Roost
Fork - Vanilla RLC 130

I built the bike from my old bikes parts. I really love the way it handles, and I want to start going bigger but am mostly concerned with the fork. I weigh 145lbs so I am relatively light. I raced BMX for years, and have been on the MTB for over 12 years now so I consider myself pretty smooth.

I would consider other forks if there is a good option out there that will work, or just keep with what I have for a while??

Thanks for the help so far.. I appreciate it,,

#8 ·
MT Road said:
Bike - Med Moment
Cranks - XT
Hubs - King
Rims - Mavic XM
Stem - SIC Classic
Bars - Club Roost
Fork - Vanilla RLC 130

I built the bike from my old bikes parts. I really love the way it handles, and I want to start going bigger but am mostly concerned with the fork. I weigh 145lbs so I am relatively light. I raced BMX for years, and have been on the MTB for over 12 years now so I consider myself pretty smooth.

I would consider other forks if there is a good option out there that will work, or just keep with what I have for a while??

Thanks for the help so far.. I appreciate it,,
get the new white z1!!!

#13 ·
Definitely a 36. If you want to be DJing with this bike, I think 7" in the front might be a bit too much. Not to mension the 66 is very tall and heavy, which will negatively affect your bikes geometry and handling when airborn, not to mension on the trail. As far as the second part of you question, the vanilla, although not necessarily designed for DJ and light FR, it is a common choice of many for these aplications. Look at most of the FOX pro's 4X bikes. Their usually running a vanilla, talas, or float. I'd say use it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.