Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Visiting Arizona from England

599 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Dirdir 
#1 ·
Hi All,

I'am coming over to Arizona from cold and wet England for a couple of weeks starting on 26th November in Phoenix to get in some x-country riding in the sun. :)

I've bought some guide books i.e. cosmic rays, Paul's MTB Arizona

Can any one tell me if I should write off flagstaff (Mt Elden) from my list of places to ride at that time of year ?, as a few years back in september i rode around there and loved it

Or should i stick with Sedona , Prescott and Phoenix as areas to ride around ?

If anyone would like to hook up for some rides let me know, as its always good to ride with others rather than just solo. I'am not too keen on full on downhill which requires body armour, but do like technical cross country riding upto 40 miles a day.

Cheers

Zinger

2005 Holiday WebAlbum

See less See more
#2 ·
Yes, Mt. Elden and areas around Flagstaff should be squeezed into your visit. Your other general choices are good. Have you considered Tucson? There are great places to ride there.

I live in Scottsdale. Trails in this NE area of the valley include the Pima & Dynamite, Trail 100, Pima & Dynamite, Lost Dog, Sunrise, Hawes Pass, Pass Mtn, and other trails in the McDowell Mtns. If you would like to ride any of these trails I will do my best to join you after Nov 27th.

I will be in France for 2 weeks thru Nov 27. I've arranged rides with in Strassburg and Alsace with local groups. I'd be happy to pay back (or pay forward) for you MTBing in Arizona. Enjoy your stay and I will look for your ride posts...

Cheers,

Steve
AZC

#3 ·
zinger-uk said:
Hi All,

I'am coming over to Arizona from cold and wet England for a couple of weeks starting on 26th November in Phoenix to get in some x-country riding in the sun. :)

I've bought some guide books i.e. cosmic rays, Paul's MTB Arizona

Can any one tell me if I should write off flagstaff (Mt Elden) from my list of places to ride at that time of year ?, as a few years back in september i rode around there and loved it

Or should i stick with Sedona , Prescott and Phoenix as areas to ride around ?

If anyone would like to hook up for some rides let me know, as its always good to ride with others rather than just solo. I'am not too keen on full on downhill which requires body armour, but do like technical cross country riding upto 40 miles a day.

Cheers

Zinger

2005 Holiday WebAlbum
My guess is that Mt. Elden will not be ridable at that time, although I am not an expert on this issue. I have not heard people doing that time of year and have heard that they cannot. Nonetheless, if it can be done, then it is worth the effort.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.